May 17, 2010

Please allow me to introduce myself

After 4 1/2 years of pedicabbing 3 of them in Denver and the rest currently based out of Chicago, I have decided to log some of it.. Funny situations, personal stories, things I see, or even horror stories will be shared with you, but for now lets learn a bit about Mr Love.

I am a good ole southern boy who decided that Chicago rocks, so I moved here back in 2001. Had a blast and then took a break. Moved to Denver and picked up this fun job, hobby, career, whatever you want to call it. I learned the ins and outs, and the dos and don'ts of the trade in the lodo district of Denver. In Denver, I got to work Broncos, Nuggets, Avalanche, and Rockies learning how to shuttle people through large crowds and crowd management. I got to also work major events like the D.N.C. and got to witness history. I also from the D.N.C. got the urge to travel and chase big events such as the inauguration and super bowl. While in Denver, I also picked up a job at main street pedicabs assembling pedicabs and learning more of the ins and outs and dos and don'ts of the actual running of a pedicab operation. Well after getting my learn on, I decided it was time to take my knowledge and love for the pedicab industry, and share it with my favorite city in the U.S.A, Chicago.

I will reference things i have learned and places I have traveled while living in Denver, but it is worth holding out for till it is time to share and compare is right. I am excited to be home in Chicago and hope to promote good business and give people great experiences. The industry has been around here in Chicago for 5 or 6 years, but it takes bit longer to expand people's minds and realize that us pedicabbers love our job and no you aren't too fat. Some tools I have set up to help spread the word is foursquare, twitter, and now this blog all listed under the alias Jimbob Love. As you read stories of people and situations that happen with us, you will hopefully find it entertaining and want to have an exprience of your own. Please share the love and spread to word, Promote a "green" revolution in Chicago.

I still travel as well and can be found traveling to Badger games in Madison, Notre Dame in South Bend, Colts in Indy, and a few other towns with sports teams and big events. As well as winter in Austin, TX. Which I have to say that Austin thus far has the best Pedicab service in the U.S., as in it is a regular, reliable service, and it is a community of friends that work together. Which is a great example to have when you have a frontier ahead of you. Hope you enjoy reading and I hope that I keep this update with entertaining thought and something you can enjoy.

The only time I will sign off with my real name,
Bobby

No comments: